Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
BROOKLYN MEDIA GROUP/Photo by Mark Mellone
BROOKLYN MEDIA GROUP/Photo by Mark Mellone
The scene outside of the Gravesend home where three-year-old Jaden Jordan was assaulted and later died from his injuries.

A Gravesend man who allegedly battered a three-year-old boy – who later died from his injuries – was indicted on multiple charges, Acting Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez announced on Friday, December 9.

“Jaden Jordan was an innocent and helpless child who died senselessly, allegedly after a cowardly and inexplicable assault at the hands of this defendant,” Gonzalez said. “There is no excuse ever, under any circumstances, for attacking a child. This investigation is continuing and the charges are expected to be upgraded at a later date, following a final determination by the medical examiner.”

Arraigned before Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Deborah Dowling on an indictment charging him with one count of first-degree assault, three counts of second-degree assault and one count of endangering the welfare of a child, the defendant, identified as 24-year-old Salvatore Lucchesse of Gravesend, faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted of the top count.

According to Gonzalez, the investigation revealed that three-year-old Jordan was left home alone with Lucchesse while the victim’s mother, Lucchesse’s girlfriend, was at work. At some point while in Lucchesse’s care, roughly between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., the toddler allegedly defecated on himself. At around 4:30 p.m., emergency personnel responded to the Gravesend home after the 24-year-old called 911 and reported that the child was bleeding and unconscious.

Found soiled and unresponsive by emergency personnel, Jordan was taken to Coney Island Hospital and then transferred to Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center where he remained after falling into a coma. According to the D.A.’s office, further examination revealed that the three-year-old had sustained severe head trauma and injuries to his liver, consistent with a sharp blow to the abdomen.

The victim was removed from life support on Saturday, December 3, 2016, according to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, and died the same day. The fatal injuries were reportedly inconsistent with an accident and allegedly, after investigation, Lucchesse was arrested and charged with inflicting them.


Join The Discussion


Related Stories
Community condemns agencies for covering up 27,000-gallon oil spill in Gravesend Bay
Community condemns agencies for covering up 27,000-gallon oil spill in Gravesend Bay
No Image
Bensonhurst residents don’t want to lose traffic lanes
Popular Stories
Dyker Heights postal worker arrested for hoarding over 17,000 pieces of local mail
Image via Google Maps; inset courtesy of the NYPD
Cops seek crook who pistol-whipped victim on busy Bay Ridge corner
Cops executed search warrant at Bay Ridge smoke shop day before shooting, identify suspect
Skip to toolbar