Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone
Shutterstock/Gustavo Frazao
Shutterstock/Gustavo Frazao

New York State received $7.7 million in federal funding for programs serving victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced on Tuesday, December 27.

“This funding will help in New York’s fight against sexual assault and domestic violence and ensure that victims receive the assistance and resources they need,” Cuomo said. “With this aid, local organizations will be able to improve existing services, establish new programs and better reach New Yorkers in need of help.”

A funding of $661,268 through the federal Violence Against Women Act will allow the state to support 11 new programs in Kings, Chenango, Columbia, Greene, Monroe, Nassau, New York, Orange, Queens and Schoharie counties.

In addition, the state’s 117 existing programs that received federal funding last year will continue to receive support in 2017.

“With this grant funding, we can help law enforcement hold offenders accountable and provide victims with the support that can assist them on their path to recovery,” Division of Criminal Justice Services Executive Deputy Commissioner Michael Green said.

Moreover, the 128 programs will also have the option of receiving funding in 2018 and 2019 with two, one-year contract renewals.

Comments:

Join The Discussion

x


Popular Stories
Image via Google Maps
Cops bust 12 illegal massage parlors in Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights
Rendering courtesy of the MTA
Bay Ridge Avenue station to close next weekend, residents continue to cry foul
BROOKLYN MEDIA GROUP/Photo by Helen Klein
Charlie’s Sandwich Shop in Bay Ridge offers up sandwiches and so much more
Skip to toolbar