Happy Passover to everyone who celebrates it!
It’s downright spring-like outside this morning, with temperatures in the high 40s, expected to go up to the low 50s this afternoon. No rain is forecast.
5 Things To Know this morning:
- Alternate Side Parking Rules are suspended today through the rest of the week (March 26-29 ) in observance of Passover, Holy Thursday & Good Friday. However, meters will remain in effect.
- The 2013 MTV VMAs is coming to Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on August 25 for its 30th anniversary! [Brooklyn Spectator]
- The Supreme Court is set to begin hearing arguments for and against gay marriage today. They can choose to uphold – or not – California’s Proposition 8 banning same-sex marriage and the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). [Politico]
- That burning smell in some parts of Williamsburg and throughout Boro Park this week is the burning of unleavened bread and other foodstuffs before/during Passover. [Yeshiva World News, HuffPo]
- Backyard chickens are environmentally friendly, local at its most local, and sometimes even fun, but watch out for salmonella, says the CDC. [NPR]