It’s a sad day today after what happened yesterday in Boston, and the weather is a bit cooler, as well.
Temperatures are in the high 50s today, with a possible high in the low 60s. It will be mostly cloudy with SW winds shifting to WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Five things to know this morning:
- New York City amps up security following the attacks in Boston. [Crain’s]
- The city and SUNY Downstate have has enlisted real estate firm Colliers International to help fill BioBAT — the under-construction 500 million-square-foot space inside the Brooklyn Army Terminal in Sunset Park — with tenants. The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative was the first biomedical tenant to commit to leasing space. [Crain’s Business]
- Brooklyn Nets fans are encouraged to wear black to support their team as it prepares for a new season. [Crain’s]
- NYC’s CitiBike bike share program is now taking memberships. [NYTimes]
- Low-sodium food labels are confusing, says a new study. [NPR]