Today is all sunshine, with temperatures in the mid-60s, a high of 66 degrees and a low of 47 degrees at night. Winds are moving eastward at 5 to 10 mph.
The sun will set at 7:52 p.m. and the moon is still in the waning gibbous phase.
Five things to know today:
- Do you want to celebrate the Kentucky Derby on Saturday without experiencing the craziness and expense of a Derby party? Then plan your own! [The Daily Meal]
- Sunscreen labels may change this summer, so keep an eye out. [NY1]
- What should the new Brooklyn Islanders logo look like? [Gothamist]
- The McDonald’s at Fourth Avenue and 1st Street is on the market with an asking price of around $12 million or $600,000 a year. [The Real Deal]
- The NYPD will be conducting a simulated gas attack on city streets and in the subway system, using harmless gases and sensors, in order to observe the pathways of said gases. [Businessweek]