As it approaches its 100th anniversary, Saint Saviour High School, located in Park Slope, continues to prepare young women to be leaders. Through a dynamic and accommodating academic program, the school fosters the intellectual development of its students; through religious education and service activities, the school guides its students in their spiritual development and strengthen their awareness of social and moral responsibilities. With a Catholic identity, the school welcomes students of all ethnic and religious backgrounds.
Saint Saviour, accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and the NY State Board of Regents, provides a 9:1 student-teacher ratio. Each year, students participate in college courses, internships or mentorship programs at The Cooper Union, Manhattan College (Engineering), Long Island University, Museum of Natural History, Brooklyn Public Library, ACE Mentor Program (Engineering), Gilder Lehrman Institute, Barnard College or Columbia University. Campus Ministry and a four-year retreat program provide an atmosphere where the spiritual growth of students and faculty is cultivated.
•100 percent of graduates earn New York State Regents’ diplomas.
•SAT scores are above the national average.
•Saint Saviour students are consistently honored by the College Board as AP Scholars and recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Program.
•All academic courses are offered at honors, advanced placement and college level.
•AP is available in American History, Calculus AB, Chemistry, English Literature and Composition, English Language and Composition, European History, Latin, Psychology, and Spanish.
•74 percent of seniors are enrolled in college level course(s).
•100 percent of students complete five years of language study.
•College level courses are offered in French, Latin and Spanish.
•The school’s 60 graduates amassed $6 million in merit scholarship offers in 2012.
•Over 20 percent of recent graduates are currently studying engineering, math or science.
- More than 30 activities, clubs, performing arts and sports engage the interests of Saint Saviour students.
- Activities include choir, literary magazine, newspaper and student government; clubs include art, chess, environmental conservation, history, language and culture, and theater.
- Varsity basketball, boosters/step, cheerleading, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, and volleyball constitute Saint Saviour’s sports program.
- Each year, Saint Saviour offers students the opportunity to travel abroad.
- Community service is strongly encouraged and supported; blood drives, relief efforts in the U.S. and abroad, outreach to the Methodist Hospital, and after school programs are just some of the service activities engaged in by Saviourites.
For more information, visit STSAVIOUR.org or call 718-768-4406 x 10.