Once again, The Home Reporter, Brooklyn Spectator and Star Network will honor influential Brooklyn women whose major achievements and dedication to Brooklyn have inspired others at the Fifth Annual Power Women in Business Awards & Networking Dinner, to be held on Wednesday, March 16 at the Grand Prospect Hall, 263 Prospect Avenue.
“There are excellent women in our community and my role is to recognize them,” said Home Reporter and Brooklyn Spectator Co-Publisher Victoria Schneps, the spearhead of this special event. “They deserve to be highlighted for all their dedication and devotion to what they do.”
This year’s awards will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at www.homereporternews.com/events.
This year’s event is sponsored by Investors Bank, New York Community Bank, Empire State Bank, Flushing Bank, National Grid, HSBC, The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce and the New York Daily News.
The 2016 Honorees are:
• Janine Acquafredda, Co-Founder, Realtors 4 Rescues; Associate Broker, House n Key Realty
• Natalie Barrington, Site Coordinator, NYU Lutheran Family Health Centers, Shore Hill Neighborhood Center
• Andrea Boyd, Owner, Boyd Consulting
• Josephine Bruzzese, Branch Manager, AVP, Investors Bank
• Fleur Callender, Analyst – Supplier Diversity and Sustainability, US Strategy, Systems and Operations, National Grid
• Maria Castellano, Licensed Sales Professional – Rental/Commercial Manager, Ben Bay Realty of Bay Ridge
• Betty Castro, Managing Director and Market Leader for Brooklyn & Queens, Cushman & Wakefield
• Donna Fathelbab, Corresponding Secretary, 68th Precinct Youth Council
• April Garry-Vergara, SVP- Team Leader, HSBC
• Nina Grullon, Owner, Lead Colorist, 5th Ave Hair Salon
• Pamela Harris, New York State Assembly Woman
• Stacy Ann Hernandez, Branch Manager, NYCB
• Michelle Inciarrano, Owner, Twig Terrariums
• Melinda Keller, Owner & Chiropractor, Brooklyn Spine Center
• Kathy Khatari, Vice President, Yemen American Association, Vice President of Moroccan Women’s Empowerment Association
• Roberta Loew, Owner & Creative Director, Acting Out! and The Tantrum Theater
• Annmarie Mitchell, Vice President, Empire State Bank
• Antonietta M. Monaco, Esq, Partner, Monaco & Monaco
• Joann Monaco, Esq., Law Offices of Joann Monaco
• Lakisha Murray, Executive Associate, Medgar Evers College
• Aida Nicolaou, Licensed RE Sales Person, Coldwell Banker Reliable, President of Ladies Auxiliary and Board Member, St. Nicholas Home
• Lisa Robateau, President / Clinical Director, Robateau and Associates
• Denise Scaravella, Executive Director, CHiPS Soup Kitchen and Shelter for Young Mothers; Co-Owner, Ravioli Wine Bar
• Caren Sgarlato, Financial Planner, Financial Services Representative Met Life Premier Client Group of NYC
• Tatiana Stoupkina, Financial Consultant, Flushing Bank
• Catherine Tantillo, Director, Lord Abbett & Co. LLC
• Margarette Tropnas, Program Director, Urban Resources Institute; President, United Nations-USA Brooklyn Chapter
• Jennifer C. Warren, Corporate Attorney
• Tara Wilde, Owner, Diva Dance Studio
• Claudia Williams, CEO, Wonder World
• Laurie Windsor, President, Community Education Council 20
This year’s Hall of Fame inductees are: Denise Arbesu, Senior Vice President and Relationship Manager of Citi Commercial Bank; Janet Gounis, Certified Banker at Capital One and Joanne Seminara, Esq., Partner, Grimaldi & Yeung.
Raffle proceeds will be donated to CHiPS soup kitchen and shelter and Diva for a Day.
If you are interested in attending or becoming a sponsor or exhibitor, contact Lori by e-mail at Lpedone@starnetwork.com or by calling 718.238.6600 ext. 110.