News that a Target is taking aim at Bensonhurst, and of the possibility of a marijuana dispensary for Sunset Park were two of ten top stories of the week in Brooklyn.
Barely a month after news broke that 18th Avenue’s Annie Sez and Mandee stores would close for good, Target announced on Wednesday, February 1 that it will be bringing a “flexible-format store” to the pair’s former over-20,000-square-foot space, located at 6401 18th Avenue.
The new single-level store is projected to open in October of this year, following quickly on the heels of the January opening of a brand new Target in downtown Brooklyn’s City Point.
Meanwhile, earlier that morning, news broke that the first ever marijuana dispensary has been proposed for Sunset Park.
Napenthea LLC made a presentation at Community Board 7 on Monday, January 30 to discuss its proposal to bring a medical marijuana facility to 4614 Fifth Avenue, where it currently has a pending lease.
Here are 8 other top stories of the week in Brooklyn:
- Bay Ridge bar premieres new weekly open mic night
- Crook strikes two apartments within the same Bay Ridge building
- Eight Brooklyn sweet spots to stoke your Valentine’s Day sugar rush
- Seven great Bay Ridge spots to watch the Big Game
- Family of student who committed suicide sues Holy Angels Academy
- PHOTOS: Industry City indulges in first Best of Brooklyn Beer and Food Festival
- Soccer team New York Cosmos is moving to Brooklyn
- PHOTOS: Yemenis rally outside Borough Hall in response to prez travel ban