YOUR BEST INVESTMENT: Etiquette for Children
Bread Etiquette Quiz
Polls indicate that bread is the single most incorrectly eaten food in a restaurant; and also that wait staff first observe table manners by the way patrons eat their bread. Test your teenagers bread etiquette with this quiz.
1. Two bread plates are close to your dinner plate: (a) one to the left, (b) the other to the right. Which bread plate should you use?
2. The bread basket is before you, should you pass it: (a) to the left, or (b) to the right?
3. The bread plate goes to the tip of (a) the knife, or (b) the fork.
4. You have taken butter from the butter dish. First place it (a) on the bread, or (b) on your bread plate.
5. Should you (a) break your roll, or (b) cut it open with your butter knife?
6. Should you: (a) butter each piece of bread before eating, or (b) butter the entire roll before breaking?
7. You can only eat half a roll. Should you (a) cut and return half to the basket or, (b) take the entire roll?
Answers: 1. (a) 2. (b) 3. (b) 4. (b) 5. (a) 6. (a) 7 (b)
YOUR BEST APPEARANCE: Glowing Skin Facial
This week, I will try a beauty regimen that has been getting rave reviews. A woman who keeps getting mistaken for years younger has claimed it is her secret weapon and others who have tried it claimed they saw results in one week.
Mix one tablespoon apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon honey and ½ teaspoon fine sugar. Massage and rinse before applying hydrogen peroxide with a cotton bud.
Next, apply an egg white mask for 30 minutes and gently remove with wet towel. End with a good moisturizer and sunscreen.
In the evening, wash face with a mild soap and apply the hydrogen peroxide again. Sleep on a clean pillowcase every night. I will share my results next week.
Phillipa Morrish is the president of Etiquette Training International.