Flowers are in bloom (FYI: Today is Free Tuesday at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden!) and it’s a gorgeous day out, with temperatures in the high 70s that feel like it’s the low 80s, a brisk west-northwest wind moving at 25 to 35 mph with 30 mph wind gusts, and a mere 10 percent chance of rain.
The sun rose at 6:26 a.m. and will set at 7:30 p.m.. The moon will rise at 5:38 a.m. tomorrow.
Five Things You Need To Know this morning:
- The Port Authority of NY and NJ has been fined over $3 million for “egregious” violations of safety and rescue training regulations at NYC-metro airports such as JFK, LaGuardia, Newark, and Teterboro. [Crain’s NY Business]
- Williamsburg parents complain that condo construction disturbs their small children as they sleep in their adjacent condos. [DNAInfo]
- A new 11-story rental building will soon rise at 145 South 4th Street. [The Real Deal]
- DOT Commissioner Janette Sadik-Khan officially announced the impending launch of Citi Bike bike share program in May, starting with 293 bike stations throughout Brooklyn, Manhattan and parts of Queens. [WSJ]
- Prom (for adults) is coming to Red Hook, with funds to benefit Shannon Hummel/Cora Dance school and studio. Get your tickets now! [Cora Dance]