The Home Reporter and Brooklyn Spectator will be honoring influential Brooklyn women in business whose major achievements and whose participation in many community activities throughout the years have helped the borough grow.
The second annual Top Brooklyn Women in Business Networking Awards Dinner will be held on Thursday, June 20, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the New York Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge, 333 Adams Street, in Downtown Brooklyn.
“It’s my privilege and honor to recognize the extraordinary women who have built their careers in Brooklyn or have achieved their success in Brooklyn,” remarked Victoria Schneps-Yunis, the papers’ co-publisher. “We invite the business community to come out and salute these women on June 20.”
In addition, the Woman of the Year will be Fox 5 News reporter Kerry Drew. The evening will also feature networking with Brooklyn’s top professionals, an expo with leading businesses in the area, and a charity raffle benefiting two not-for-profit organizations: Reaching Out Community Services and the Chris S. Owens Foundation.
The honorees are:
- Dr. Emelise Aleandri, artistic director at Frizz & Lazzi, The Olde Thyme Italian-American Theater Music Company, president of Lt. Joseph Petrosino Lodge #285;
- Yeidy Angelucci-Trejo, owner, Rapid Realty of Bay Ridge;
- Maryann Arbia, executive vice president, Fillmore Real Estate;
- Nina Bahazhevska, audit manager, Grassi & Co.;
- Lisa A. Bing, president, Bing Consulting Group, Inc.;
- Rawia Bishara, owner and chef, Tanoreen Restaurant;
- Madeleine Brennan, principal of I.S. 201;
- Sarah Burke, executive vice president, Douglas Elliman Real Estate;
- Patricia Caffrey, RN, MSN, RN satellite administrator, Calvary Hospital, Brooklyn campus;
- Melissa Chapman, vice president, government & community relations, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce;
- Donna Chiaffarano, co-owner, Frame Me Inc.;
- Diana Clemente, president, Big Apple Car;
- Olympia Colandrea, owner/manager, Da Noi on Fifth Salon & Spa;
- Andrea Cooper Andrews, founder and director, Andrew W. Cooper Young Journalists in Training Program;
- Elizabeth Demetriou, deputy director, Southwest Brooklyn Industrial Development Corporation;
- Erika Duchonovic, vice president/branch sales manager, Valley National Bank;
- Patsy Dunstan, owner, Expressions Educational and Cultural Center;
- Vicki Ellner, founder, president, chair of Senior Umbrella Network of Brooklyn;
- Kimberly Fasano, public relations, Reaching Out Community Services;
- Martyna Florczak, communications/community marketing specialist, Polish and Slavic Federal Credit Union;
- Debbie Giasemis, director of sales, Dyker Beach Golf Course;
- Janet Gounis, relationship banker, Capital One;
- Judith D. Grimaldi, partner, Grimaldi & Yeung;
- April Pancella Haupt, Esq., sole proprietor, The Law Offices of April Pancella Haupt, Esq.;
- Dr. Leona Kotlyar, pediatric dentist, Fifth Avenue Dental Associates;
- Lidiya Leshchinsky, president, Mermaid Medical Center;
- Irene LoRe, executive director, Park Slope Fifth Avenue BID;
- Marilyn Mannino, partner, Networking Productions Group;
- Stella V. Pappas, executive vice president & chief operating officer, Institute for Community Living;
- MJ Pedone, publicist & CEO, Indra Public Relations;
- Helen Psaras, manager, John Psaras Realty Management, owner of Bon Voyage Travel;
- Angela Sciddurio Rago, playwright, artist, screenwriter, actress;
- Allison Robicelli, owner of Robicelli’s;
- Regina Scire, market manager, Investors Bank;
- Ismini Scouras Vendikos, managing partner, The Ansted Group, LLC;
- Tobie Stein, professor/head of MFA program, performing arts management, Brooklyn College;
- Karen Tadross, board of directors, Bay Ridge Cares;
- Eileen V. Thornton, director of business banking, CitiBank, N.A.;
- Fran Vella-Marrone, president, Dyker Heights Civic Association;
- Angela Villanella, LMSW, director of community relations, Sephardic Nursing and Rehabilitation Center and
- Dolly Williams, president, A. Williams Construction. List in formation.
Tickets cost $125 each. To purchase tickets, or for sponsorship/participation opportunities, please call Jan at 718-224-5863, extension 227 / email@example.com or Lori at 718-238-6600 x110 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets can also be purchased online at www.homereporternews.com\events.
The event is sponsored by Mercedes-Benz of Brooklyn, Citi, Investors Bank, ConEdison, 5th Avenue Dental Associates LLP, Delta Airlines, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce, SandWire and Ehren Joseph Studios.