Calling all kids, don’t just root for Brooklyn’s own basketball team but dance for them. The Brooklyn Nets Kids Dance Team will be holding auditions for children ages six through 13 this summer to be a part of their team.
Auditions will be held by Tanisha Scott, head coach and choreographer of the Brooklyn Nets Kids. In order to qualify for the team children must have two years of training and be able to both learn and perform the choreography.
Tryouts will be held at LIU Brooklyn’s Wellness, Recreation and Athletic Center, 161 Ashland Place, on Wednesday August 14. Registration will begin at 5 p.m. and dancers must arrive by 6 p.m. in order to audition. Children chosen for the dance team must be prepared to attend rehearsals once a week as well as the home games on Saturday and Sunday.
Those who are chosen for the team will be able to show their moves in front of thousands at home games and media appearances. The only thing better is that they get paid to have fun too.
Audition requirements or recommendations include:
- Seeking boys and girls ages 6-13 with at least two years of dance training.
- Dancers will be asked to demonstrate their ability to learn and perform choreography.
- Tumbling and break-dancing skills are a plus, but not required.
- Participants should wear dance attire and non-marking sneakers or dance shoes.
- One parent must be present at registration to sign a participation waiver.
- Only those auditioning will be allowed into the Athletic Center.
- Finalists may be kept until 9:30 p.m.
- Dancers who are selected must be available to attend rehearsals in Brooklyn once a week, as well as Saturday and Sunday home games at Barclays Center.
Those looking to improve their moves before tryouts can attend the workshops offered by the Brooklyn Nets Kids. The first session is Wednesday, August 7 from 6:30 to 8:30pm at PNY Center, 290 Murray Hill Parkway. The second is on Monday, August 12 at the same time and located at LIU Brooklyn’s Wellness, Recreation and Athletic Center. The workshop costs $30 for one session or $50 for both sessions.
For more information contact Brooklyn Nets Kids at firstname.lastname@example.org.