News that a new small-format Target will open in Midwood and a feature on a Bay Ridge street artist who has been working to beautify Sunset Park were two of ten top stories of the week in Brooklyn.
Target announced on Monday, February 27 that it will open another small format store in the borough, this time in Midwood. The new store, located near the corner of Kings Highway and East 14th Street, is slated to open in the fall of 2018, and will be tailored to meet the needs of local residents.
Meanwhile, on Tuesday, February 28, Brooklyn Reporter published a feature story on a street artist in Sunset that has been making a difference in beautifying the neighborhood. Jenna Morello, 31, has always had an artistic bent, but for the last two years, the current Bay Ridge resident has traveled to Sunset Park and created murals that have locals raving.
Here are 8 other top stories of the week in Brooklyn:
- Southwest Brooklyn eateries in the Dine in Brooklyn mix
- “One Month ‘Til” Bay Ridge St Patrick’s Day Parade celebration at the Leif Bar
- Sunset medical marijuana facility fails to receive Department of Health license
- CelebFilterArt campaign uses Snapchat filters to benefit public school arts programs
- Constituents convene for third protest in 10 days outside Donovan’s Dyker office
- Police still seeking suspect involved in murder of Bay Ridge woman
- Generally Speaking: Detective McDonald to be remembered with top patriot award
- Poly Prep student Kayla Williams focuses on educating less fortunate youth