Crook sentenced to 31 years for Windsor Terrace and Kensington robberies

A 31-year-old Bedford Stuyvesant man was sentenced to 31 years in prison for committing a spree of armed robberies in Windsor Terrace and Kensington in 2015.

Justin Farrow was sentenced on Wednesday, July 5 for committing four separate robberies over a period of nine days, including one where he pistol-whipped a victim. In each case, Farrow, armed with a silver handgun, preyed on women who were alone in the street.

Farrow’s spree began on August 20, 2015, when at around 2:15 a.m. he approached a 58-year-old woman on the corner of Caton Avenue and East Seventh Street in Kensington. Farrow brandished the gun and proceeded to threaten the victim when she did not immediately hand over her purse and cellphone. After the victim surrendered her property, Farrow fled to the Fort Hamilton Parkway subway station where he used a MetroCard stolen from the victim. He was caught on surveillance footage wearing a distinct multi-colored shirt with a fleur-de-lis pattern.

On August 23, 2015, at about 1:30 a.m., Farrow approached a 35-year-old woman in front of 115 East Fourth Street in Windsor Terrace while brandishing his gun and demanding her bag and cellphone. This time, the victim complied immediately and Farrow again fled to the Fort Hamilton Parkway subway station with the property. He was wearing the same multi-colored shirt.

On August 27, 2015, at about 12;45 a.m., Farrow approached a 28-year-old woman on the corner of Ocean Parkway and Caton Avenue in Kensington. When the victim did not immediately comply with Farrow’s demands for her property, Farrow pistol-whipped her in the ear, head and hand.

On August 29, 2015, at about 11:30 p.m., Farrow began to follow a 20-year-old woman near 19th Street and Seeley Street in Windsor Terrace. Once close, Farrow put his gun to the victim’s ribs, searched her and stole her cellphone and MetroCard. He again fled to the Fort Hamilton Parkway subway station wearing the multi-colored shirt.

The spree came to an end when a witness to the August 29 robbery called 911. NYPD officers chased and arrested Farrow, who attempted to ditch a loaded handgun by throwing it over a fence. He was caught in possession of MetroCards belonging to three of his victims.

The case was prosecuted by Senior Assistant District Attorney Jacob Uriel and Assistant District Attorney Eva Oginar under the supervision of Assistant District Attorney Danielle Eaddy, Chief.


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.