Join Transportation Alternatives’ Brooklyn Committee on a 15-mile bike ride to visit several of the borough’s famed movie palaces and/or the beautiful buildings that once housed them.
The Sunday, March 24, ride is free and will start at 11 a.m., stopping at:
- the Casino Theater (formerly Loew’s Dekalb) in Downtown Brooklyn,
- the former Loew’s Pitkin building in Brownsville,
- the soon-to-be-renovated Loew’s Kings Theatre in Flatbush,
- the Loew’s 46th Street (fka Universal Theatre) in Borough Park, and
- the RKO Dyker Theater on 86th Street in Bay Ridge.
Interested riders should RSVP at http://bikenyc.org/event/4185 and meet at Washington & Dekalb Avenues, at the southeast corner of Fort Greene Park.